THE SEASONED SKILLET
Perfectly cooked orzo pasta is tossed in a homemade zesty vinaigrette with cucumbers, sundried tomatoes, red onions and feta!
Prep Time: 25 Min
– 1 1/2 cups Orzo Pasta
– 1 cup Cucumber halved vertically, and sliced
– 1 cup Grape Tomatoes halved
– 1/2 Red Onion medium, thinly sliced
– 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives pitted
– 1/3 cup Sundried Tomatoes
– 1/2 cup Feta crumbled
– 2 tbsp Fresh Parsley
Cook Time: 10 Min
– 3 tbsp Olive Oil
– 1 tbsp Sundried Tomato Oil see notes section
– 2 tbsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
– 2 tsp Greek Seasoning or Italian Seasoning
– 1 tsp Granulated White Sugar optional
– Salt & Pepper to taste
Cook & Cool Orzo Pasta – bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo pasta according to the package directions, or until slightly a little more than al dente. Drain the orzo, drizzle with olive oil and set aside to cool.
Make Vinaigrette – prepare the vinaigrette by whisking together olive oil, sundried tomato oil, lemon juice, greek seasoning, granulated white sugar (optional), salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
Toss Salad Ingredients Together – in a large bowl, toss together the cooked and cooled orzo, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, olives, sundried tomatoes, feta and fresh parsley. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to coat.
ENJOY & share this recipe with family and friends!