These irresistible, homemade croutons will completely transform your soups and salads. Using only a few ingredients, this quick, easy (and oh-so-scrumptious) topping will leave you wanting more…and more…and more! They’ll be no going back to store bought!
Recipe Tips & Notes
- If you are using super fresh bread, it will take a little longer for your croutons to get golden brown and crisp. Stale or drier breads will finish faster. Keep an eye on the oven so you don’t end up with croutons burnt to a crisp!
- You can substitute garlic powder for fresh garlic. Mince about 2-3 garlic cloves for this recipe and if you’re a garlic lover like myself, feel free to add more!
- These croutons will be good for a few days as long as you store them in an airtight container or ZipLoc bag.
Herb & Garlic Homemade Croutons
- 5 cups Bread cubed crouton style!
- 3 tbsps Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and black pepper.
- Slice bread into desired sized cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread and seasoning mixture.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cubed bread while mixing. I used my hands with gloves but a spoon will do the trick too. Ensure the bread is coated by all the ingredients and that it has absorbed the olive oil.
- Spread the croutons out in an even layer on a sheet pan. You want them close together, but not stacked. Don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Once the croutons are cool, serve them with your favourite soup or salad!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.