Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie, this easy and delicious skillet cookie recipe is a must try! It’s a thick, soft, chewy, and warm chocolate chip cookie baked in a cast-iron skillet and sprinkled with flaky sea salt! It makes the most irresistible, shareable, brag-worthy dessert. Pair with your choice of milk, ice cream or enjoy on it’s own!
If we’re talking thick, soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies, fresh out the oven – you are speaking my language! I’m not too much of a fan of crunchy crisp thin cookies; it’s gotta have depth and attitude! In addition to this, I love a good shareable one-pot dish – anything that can be tossed in the middle of a table and everyone dig in, you can sign me up! So with that being said, I was determined to share the perfect shareable sea salt chocolate chip skillet cookie! It’s so easy to make, and even better to share with family, friends and loved ones!
Table of Contents
Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe Tips and Notes
- Slow Bake the Cookie – this is the name of the game! When baking this skillet cookie, you need to bake on a lower heat temp, for a longer period of time. Reason being, if you rush through the baking process, the outer edges of the cookie will be done (or overdone) while the insides still raw.
- Do Not Over Bake – If using a 8-inch skillet, your cookie will be finished baking around the 40-45 minute mark. If you’re using 10-inch or 12-inch, it will take less time around the 30 to 40 minute mark (approx. times as all ovens vary). It is important to note, that the skillet retains heat, and will continue baking your cookie even when resting outside the oven. In addition, as the cookie cools, it will firm up. In short – do not wait until the cookie is baked right through – if you can stick a toothpick through it, and it comes out clean without a crumb; you might’ve over baked it!
- Ice Cream or Milk – come on now, you know milk and cookies go together! Pair this cookie with a glass of milk, or even better… vanilla ice cream! You taste buds will thank you, because it’s literally the best thing ever!
- Don’t forget the Flaky Sea Salt – this small little ingredient takes this dessert for amazing to oh-so- amazing! Juuuuuuust trust me, we’re family now, so trust me and add some sea salt!
How to Make Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Other Must-Try Desserts & Treats
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 2 cups 2 tbsp Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter melted
- 1 cup Light Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Granulated White Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1½ cup Semi-Sweet or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Flaky Sea Salt to garnish
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter and microwave for about 30 to 45 seconds, or until most has melted. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Add melted butter, granulated white sugar and brown sugar to a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Add in the eggs, vanilla and mix until combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour, baking soda, and salt, just until combined.
- Gently fold chocolate chips.
- In a 8″ or 10″ cast iron skillet, or oven-safe skillet, press in the cookie dough – see notes section.
- Bake for 45 to 55 min, or until the cookie is golden brown – see notes sections. Do not over-bake your cookie (see note section above), it will continue to cook in the hot skillet when its removed from the oven as the skillet retains heat.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt on top, and allow to cool in the skillet, before cutting – I suggest a 20 min cooling period.
- Slice or spoon out your portion, and serve with a cold glass of milk or vanilla ice cream.
- Serve while warm & enjoy!