This Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi is a quick and easy dish ready in just under 20 minutes with no fuss! It’s made with a delicious white wine, lemon-garlic, buttery sauce that pairs so well with jumbo shrimp and is sure to be a fave! Serve as an appetizer with warm crusty bread or for dinner with fresh pasta!
If you’re on the lookout for more yummy shrimp recipes, try this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp (Low Carb/Keto Friendly), or this Easy Bang Bang (KaPow) Shrimp and this reader fave, Jamaican Curry Shrimp (Seafood)!
What is Shrimp Scampi
Scampi are large shrimp sautéd in an olive oil, garlic, and white wine flavoured sauce. It can be served as an appetizer, or with dinner. My personal faves are when served with warm crusty bread or on a bed of pasta.
TSS Tip: I love large wild-caught shrimp for this recipe! The bigger they are, the more juicy and flavourful the scampi becomes!
How to Make Shrimp Scampi
TSS Tip: Ensure you have all the ingredients ready at hands reach before starting this recipe. It comes together really fast! You don’t want to be searching for ingredients, while your shrimp is on the stove overcooking and getting rubbery.
First, you want to start by marinating your shrimp in the garlic and herb, salt, and pepper seasonings. Toss to coat, and chill, uncovered, at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Next, begin heating your butter and oil in a large skillet. This combination prevents the butter from browning. Brown butter, gives off an amber colour, and a nutty aroma. It will not “ruin” your dish, however it will provide a slight change in the flavour profile of the dish. Saute garlic and add shrimp, flipping once starting to turn pink.
Finally, add a good quality white wine like Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Grigio, or a Chardonnay. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice, add fresh parsley and remove from heat. Serve & Enjoy!
Grab the Grocery List (Screenshot The Below)!
- Olive Oil
- Unsalted Butter
- Raw Shrimp (Prawns)
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Curly Parsley
- Club House Garlic & Herb with Black Pepper and Sea Salt (Italian Seasoning/ Herb Blend alternative)
- Dry White Wine or Chicken Broth
Let’s Watch This Quick Shrimp Scampi Video
Other Seafood Dishes
Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
- 1 1/2 pounds Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning herb blend alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 4 cloves Garlic large, minced
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes optional, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh Chopped Curly Parsley
- Warm Crusty Bread for serving
- Season shrimp with garlic and herb seasoning, salt and black then set aside.
- Over medium high heat, heat olive oil and butter in a large pan or skillet. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then add shrimp, and sauté for 1-2 minutes or until starting to turn pink, then flip.
- Pour in wine (or chicken broth if not using wine), and red pepper flakes (optional). Allow to simmer for about 2 minutes or until the alcohol burns off and wine reduces by half and remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.