Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp (Low Carb/Keto Friendly), is a quick, easy and ready in under 30 minutes seafood recipe that’s perfect for families, and those looking for a great low carb/keto seafood dish! Using simple ingredients this recipe comes together by sauteing jumbo shrimp, then tossing in a delicious homemade creamy, buttery, garlicky sauce! Recipe includes step-by-step recipe video.
Table of Contents
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp (Low Carb/Keto Friendly)
This recipe encapsulates some of my all time favourite “good recipe” components – it’s creamy, it’s garlicky, and it’s seafood! It’s a hallelujah dish in my eyes, and for all the good reasons! This recipe comes together in around 25 minutes, making it the perfect weeknight meal. It’s also low carb and keto friendly, making it suitable for those with dietary restrictions related to carbs. Lastly, it can be paired with a variety of different side dishes i.e. pasta for sure, steamed veggies, rice etc.
Here are some other reasons why I love this recipe:
- Doesn’t require a long grocery list of ingredients to make
- Has the very best creamy garlic parmesan sauce (my absolute favourite part)
- Easily substitute your protein – swap the shrimp for your favourite seafood i.e scallops or mussels, chicken or even veggies i.e broccoli and carrots
- It’s a restaurant quality meal in the comfort of your home
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Recipe Tips & Notes
Deglaze with Wine or Stock – after sauteeing shrimp, remove and add wine or stock to the hot skillet to dissolve the very flavourful golden bits stuck to the base of the skillet into the sauce. This flavour is unmatched!
Shred the Parmesan – I highly recommend using parmesan cheese in which you shred yourself. Pre-shredded cheese have a starchy coating to prevent each piece from sticking together, this will take more time to melt into the sauce. Also, it just tastes so much better!
Simmer on Medium-Low Heat – be careful not to bring the sauce to a boil or it may cause the cream to curdle.
Tails are Optional – feel free to remove the tails from the shrimp, they are not required for this recipe. Many will leave them on to create a beautiful contrast when plating or taking pictures.
Thicken Sauce to your Liking – combine 1 tsp cornstarch and 1 tsp cold water in a small bowl until dissolved and stir it into the sauce if needed to thicken.
How to Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Season and Sauté Shrimp – with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning then set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, working in batches if needed and sauté for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until just about cooked through and pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Make Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce – add butter to the same skillet, when melted add garlic and sauté until softened and fragrant. Pour in the dry white wine or chicken broth, deglaze the pot and allow to simmer until reduced to half. Reduce heat to medium-low heat, and slowly add the cream. Season with additional teaspoon of Italian seasoning, more salt and pepper to taste. Add the parmesan cheese and allow sauce to simmer until melted and sauce thickened to your liking.
- Return Shrimp to Skillet – stir well to coat, and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve while hot and enjoy!
What Type of White Wine to Use
Use a good quality dry white wine. For this recipe you can use a Pinot Grigio, however Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay will work as well. Avoid fruity/sweet white wines. Chicken Broth works great as well!
What Italian Seasoning to Use
Italian seasoning typically consists of a blend of herbs such as basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsley, marjoram and often times other herbs and spices can also make an appearance. For this recipe, I used 1 teaspoon of Club House Italiano Seasoning Blend and 1 tsp of a homemade italian herb blend of oregano, basil and thyme.
Grab the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Grocery List (Screenshot The Recipe Ingredients Below)!
Italian Seasoning Blend – I used 1 tsp Club House Italiano Seasoning Blend & 1 tsp Homemade Blend of Oregano, Basil and Thyme
Dry White Wine or Chicken Broth
Heavy (Whipping) Cream
What to Serve with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Serve this Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp dish with the following side dishes for the ultimate feast:
- Fresh Steamed White Rice
- Roasted Potatoes
Try these Low Carb/ Keto Friendly Side Dishes
- Zucchini Noodles
- Steamed Low Carb Veggie i.e. mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus
- Cauliflower Rice
- Mashed Cauliflower
Other Shrimp Recipes You’ll Enjoy!
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Shrimp (Low Carb/Keto Friendly)
- 1 1/2 – 2 pounds Raw Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning Blend i.e. Club House Italiano Seasoning Blend
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 8 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3/4 cup Dry White Wine or Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Blend oregano, basil and thyme
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- To Thicken
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Cold Water
- Season shrimp with salt, pepper, and 1 tsp Italian seasoning blend, set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, working in batches if needed and sauté for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until just about cooked through and pink. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add butter to the same skillet, when melted add garlic and sauté until softened and fragrant (do not burn the garlic). Pour in the dry white wine or chicken broth and deglaze the pot (scrape any bits off of the bottom of the pan) and allow to simmer until reduced to half.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat, and slowly add the cream, allow to simmer while stirring occasionally. Season with additional teaspoon of Italian herb blend, more salt and pepper to taste. Add the parmesan cheese and allow sauce to simmer until melted and sauce thickened to your liking (add cornstarch slurry to thicken if needed).
- Return shrimp to the skillet, stir well to coat, and garnish with fresh parsley. Serve while hot and enjoy!