Easy Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry, is a quick and simple weeknight dinner recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes or less! It’s full of flavour and made using tender beef, crunchy fresh vegetables, and a perfectly delicious garlic ginger soy sauce. Serve on a bed of steamed white rice, noodles or fried rice for a complete dinner everyone will enjoy!
Table of Contents
Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
Who doesn’t love a good quick and easy recipe that requires ingredients you most likely already have on had and that tastes amazing? I certainly do, and especially on the busiest of weeknights – this recipe is a must! You start this recipe with strips of beef you season well, next move onto prepping your favourite veggies, then make the sauce and finally toss it all together in a skillet or wok!
Here are some other reasons why I love this Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry:
- Ready in 30 minutes, making it a weeknight dinner hit
- Make it your own by swapping the veggies listed in the recipe for your personal favourites
- You can make this meal ahead and prepare it for dinner or freeze it for later
Check Out these Other Weeknight Family Friendly Meals…
- Easy Beef & Broccoli Ramen (Stir-Fry)
- Bruschetta Pasta with Balsamic Drizzle
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Stuffed Poblano Peppers (Keto Recipe)
How to Make Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
1. Prepare Beef, Veggies and Sauce – season beef with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder; cover and set aside. Next, prepare veggies – red, green and yellow bell peppers, broccoli and red onion; set aside. Then add all garlic ginger soy sauce ingredients in a small bowl – ginger, garlic, brown sugar, beef broth, soya sauce and honey until well combined.
2. Pan Sear Beef – heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, pan sear seasoned beef strips (work in batches if needed to get a good sear) until browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside.
3. Saute Veggies – Add veggies and sauté for about a minute then add sauce, allow to simmer.
4. Return Beef to Skillet and Add Sauce – return beef to skillet and stir until everything everything coated in sauce. Pour in cornstarch slurry to thicken sauce to liking, mix until all incorporated and remove from heat.
5. Garnish and Serve – garnish with sesame seeds, more red chili pepper flakes, or sliced green onions as desired.
6 Tips for Making the Perfect Stir-Fry
- Cut vegetables into similar/smaller sized pieces to help them cook at the the same rate and evenly.
- Ensure skillet or wok is hot prior to adding beef or veggies to ensure a good sear and to prevent “boiling”.
- Save time by prepping veggies and making sauce ahead of time and storing in the fridge until ready to use (up to 3 days prior).
- Let the beef sit out at room temperature for 20 minutes before you cook it to prevent it from cooling down your skillet/wok and to get a good sear.
- Cook meat in batches because overloading your skillet/wok will end up making your meat simmer and steam rather than fry as it releases its juices.
- Mix a slurry of cornstarch and cold water to thicken the sauce to your liking.
3 Important Steps to a Good Stir-Fry?
- Use an extremely hot wok or skillet this is where the intense and unique flavour comes from – use high heat for a good sear and release of flavours.
- Always cook the meat first. Make sure it comes to room temperature and work in batches so it cooks evenly.
- Remove the meat then cook the vegetables. This prevents chewy, overcooked meat!
Other Variations of Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Protein (Meat): swap the beef strips for chicken, pork, shrimp, or crispy tofu.
- Vegetables: choose your favourite veggie combination. Snap peas, carrots, bean sprouts, baby corn, zucchini, cauliflower work great in this recipe as well!
- Nuts: almonds slivers, crushed peanuts or cashews are a great add in or topping for this dish.
- Increase the Heat: Add some sriracha hot sauce or your favourite hot sauce and/or additional crushed red pepper flakes to make this dish spicy.
- Make it Vegetarian: swap the beef for crispy tofu, and add ample veggies.
What to Serve with Stir-Fry?
- White, Whole-Grain or Fried Rice
- Noodles or Ramen
- Additional Veggies
Try These Quick and Easy Weeknight Friendly Recipes
Easy One Pot Cajun Shrimp & Rice & Creamy Sun Dried Tomato & Spinach Seafood Pasta
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 2 lbs Beef Stir-Fry Strips angus beef inside round, flank or chuck steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes more or less as desired
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Tri-Coloured Bell Peppers red, green, yellow, orange, julienned
- 1 head Broccoli cut into small florets
- 1/2 Red Onion medium, or red onion, julienned
Garlic Ginger Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Fresh Ginger grated
- 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Beef Broth
- 1/3 cup Soya Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
Cornstarch Slurry to Thicken Sauce
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Cold Water
- Olive Oil
- Sesame Seeds, Sliced Green Onions, Crushed Red Chili Pepper Flakes for garnish, if desired
- Season beef with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder; cover and set aside while you prep your veggies and sauce.
- Prepare veggies – red, green and yellow bell peppers, broccoli and red onion; set aside. Then add all garlic ginger soy sauce ingredients in a small bowl – ginger, garlic, brown sugar, beef broth, soya sauce and honey until well combined. Last, prepare cornstarch slurry by mixing 2 tsp cornstarch and 2 tsp cold water together until incorporated.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet or wok over high heat. Once the skillet is hot, pan sear seasoned beef strips (work in batches if needed to get a good sear) until browned. Remove from skillet, and set aside. Next, add veggies and sauté for about a minute then add sauce, allow to simmer. Return beef to skillet and stir until everything everything coated in sauce. Pour in cornstarch slurry to thicken sauce to liking, mix until all incorporated and remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, more red chili pepper flakes, or sliced green onions as desired.
MaishaFebruary 28, 2023 at 6:11 pm
Delicious! Thank you for this quick and delicious recipe! The entire family enjoyed it, even my toddler. 🙂
Taneisha MorrisMarch 8, 2023 at 10:59 pm
Toddlers are the true critics, if I passed then that means a lot! Thanks so much!!