Ramen Noodle Stir Fry (Beef & Broccoli) is a delicious, saucy, and very cost effective noodle dish that comes together quickly and will leave you asking for more! It’s made with browned ground beef, ramen noodles and lots of broccoli tossed in simple homemade stir-fry sauce! This makes for an easy lunch or dinner made in under 30 minutes – recipe includes step-by-step recipe video.
Looking for more quick, easy and under 30 minute meals? Check out this Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry or this Creamy Tomato Pesto Shrimp Pasta and definitely this Creamy Sun Dried Tomato & Spinach Seafood Pasta!
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry (Beef & Broccoli)
This is the first recipe ever uploaded to the Seasoned Skillet Blog, and it’s still one of my absolute favourites! It’s one of those meals that always pops up in the weekly rotation of meals and it’s always a hit.
Here are some other reasons why I love this Ramen Noodle Stir Fry (Beef & Broccoli) :
- Stir-Fry recipes will always be a favourite of mine they are quick, easy and so flavourful!
- Great for meal-prepping and batch cooking in a budget-friendly
- It’s a fantastic way to use up ingredients you have on hand before they go bad!
Interested in More Pasta Recipes? Check these Out…
Creamy Sun Dried Tomato & Spinach Seafood Pasta, pictured
Bruschetta Pasta with Balsamic Drizzle, pictured
Creamy Tomato Pesto Shrimp Pasta
One Pot Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
Recipe Ingredients: Screenshot the Grocery List Below
- Ground Beef
- Ramen or Instant Noodles
- Yellow/Sweet Onion
- Green Onion
- Sesame Seeds
- Soya Sauce
- Hoisin Sauce
- Rice Wine Vinegar
- Sesame Oil
- Fresh Ginger
TSS Tip – Mirin is a subtly sweet and slightly tangy rice wine. It’s a key ingredient in teriyaki sauces, as well as many Japanese dishes. If you don’t have any mirin on hand, dry white wine or rice vinegar mixed with sugar is an easy substitute. For every tbsp of wine or rice vinegar, add a half tsp of sugar.
How to Make Ramen Noodle Stir Fry
1. Combine Sauce Ingredients – in a medium bowl, combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
2. Brown the Ground Beef – add the ground beef to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Drain excess fat if necessary.
3. Cook Ramen – bring a large enough pot of water to a rapid boil for the ramen noodles and cook for about a minute. Do not overcook your noodles, and set aside.
4. Combine Stir-Fry Ingredients – add onions, broccoli florets and sauce to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until broccoli and onions are tender-crisp. Add sauce and 2-3 spoons of the ramen cooking water to the skillet if needed. Drain and discard remaining water and add ramen to the skillet.
5. Toss and Serve – toss well, garnish with sesame seeds, and green onions if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Which Ramen Noodles to Use
Any instant noodle pack will do as long as you discard the flavour packet. Whichever brand you choose it’s most likely very inexpensive – i.e the cheap stuff. That 0.99 cent per pack Mr. Noodles will work perfectly!
Make It Vegetarian – you can definitely make this dish meatless by omitting the ground beef, and substituting with additional veggies. Bean sprouts, snow peas, carrots, and bell peppers will all go nicely with this dish!
Make It with Steak – go ahead and purchase that prime cut of beef, it’ll be good! Most grocery stores sell packages of pre-cut beef strips, labelled “perfect for stir-fry”. I would recommend marinating your beef prior to cooking, and be mindful not to overcrowd your skillet when searing. This will ensure that your meat will brown, not steam!
Beef & Broccoli Cooking Tips
Remember that firmer vegetables will require a few extra minutes of simmering to become tender-crisp. You can always add additional ramen noodle cooking water or beef broth to help the process. Extra hoisin or soya sauce can also be added to further cook your veggies. If you don’t have hoisin sauce, you can substitute with oyster sauce.
Other Beef Recipes You’ll Enjoy!
Loaded Taco Bowl with Cilantro Lime Rice & Fresh Pico, Easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Lastly, sign up to our monthly newsletter for all TSS updates straight to your inbox!
Ramen Noodle Stir Fry (Beef & Broccoli)
- 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 2 pcks Ramen Noodles discard seasoning packs
- 1 head Broccoli Florets
- 1 Yellow Onion medium, julienned
- Green Onion sliced, for serving
- Sesame Seeds optional, for serving
Stir Fry Sauce
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 4 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin see notes sections below
- 1 tbsp Sriracha optional
- 1 tsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil optional
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 tsp Ginger freshly grated
- In a medium bowl, combine sauce ingredients and set aside. Then add the ground beef to a skillet over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Drain excess fat if necessary.
- Bring a large enough pot of water to a rapid boil for the ramen noodles and cook for about a minute. Do not overcook your noodles, and set aside.
- Add onions, broccoli florets and sauce to the skillet and cook for a few minutes until broccoli and onions are tender-crisp. Add sauce and 2-3 spoons of the ramen cooking water to the skillet if needed. Drain and discard remaining water and add ramen to the skillet.
- Toss well, garnish with sesame seeds, and green onions if desired. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.