These Gluten Free Banana Oat Protein Pancakes are a quick, healthy, protein-packed and delicious breakfast recipe – essentially the perfect start to any day! Begin with ripened bananas, add in your non-dairy milk, rolled oats, protein, and a few other simple on hand ingredients, make your batter, pour into a non-stick pan, flip, and there you have it!
These Gluten Free Protein Pancakes are “Mr. Skillet”, aka my hubs first recipe contribution to the The Seasoned Skillet catalogue of deliciousness! I’m feeling quite happy about it too because it may be one of my favourite photographed recipes on here! He’s 110% dedicated to health and fitness – the kind where it’s a lifestyle. So, this is right up his alley, and also a favourite healthy, easy and satisfying breakfast of mine! Works, right?!
Oat Flour & is it Gluten-Free?
Oat flour is one of the E-A-S-I-E-S-T things to possibly make in the kitchen. All it requires is 1 ingredient, a blender, and a few minutes. You start with old fashioned rolled oats, and the result is a fine, powdery, gluten-free flour.
As for whether or not it’s gluten-free, the short answer is yes. The uncertainty comes into play when oats are processed in a factory/ plant with wheat or other gluten-containing grains which can cause cross-contamination. If you have gluten sensitivity just ensure your old fashion oats, or oat flour is truly 100% gluten-free.
Here’s an example – Quaker Oats, Gluten-Free
How to Make Gluten Free Banana Oat Protein Pancakes
Make Oat Flour – using a high-speed blender, mix until a fine, powdery flour is formed. Or, you can go the even quicker route and purchase from your local grocery store.
Combine the Dry – next, you combine your oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, and baking powder, mix together until combined.
Combine the Wet – in another mixing bowl, mash banana, add egg, milk, and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
Add the Heat – in a non-stick frying pan or skillet, “fry” (butter is not necessary), the pancakes until golden brown and cooked through.
Serve – these pancakes are delicious with fresh fruit and a drizzle of pure maple syrup or peanut butter!
If you like these Gluten Free Banana Oat Protein Pancakes, check out some of my other breakfast faves like this Bourbon Peach Vanilla Spiced French Toast
Gluten Free Banana Oat Protein Pancakes
- 1 Large Very Ripe Banana
- 3/4 cup Oat/Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats Oat Flour
- 1/2 cup Vanilla or Plain Protein Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Using a high-speed blender, add old fashioned oats and blend on high until a fine, powdery flour is achieved. See notes section below.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash banana, add egg, milk, and vanilla and whisk together until combined.
- In another larger mixing bowl, add oat flour, protein powder, cinnamon, and baking powder, mix together until combined.
- Pour wet mixture gradually into your dry mixture bowl, stirring until well incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry spoonfuls of the batter until golden brown on both sides, and cooked through.
- Serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup, fresh fruit of your choice, or peanut butter.
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.