Roasted Garlic & Herb Parmesan Smashed Potatoes are one of the most delicious and flavourful bite-sized potato recipes to come across and the perfect side dish to any meal! They’re parboiled until tender on the inside, then roasted to a crispy perfection on the outside topped with parmesan cheese, bacon and herbs. Serve as a side dish, appetizer or late-night party snack!
Lover of potato recipes? Try this bangin’ Twice Baked Lobster Stuffed Potatoes or my super yummy Marbled Mash Potatoes (Sweet & Yukon Gold Potatoes)!
Table of Contents
How to Make Roasted Garlic & Herb Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
Boil, smash, dollop with garlic herb butter, and broil until golden and crispy; it’s just that easy!
Start by boiling your potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Once it cooks to fork-tender, remove and drain well. Then, smash gently with a fork, top with a dollop of garlic herb butter and place in the oven under the broiler until golden and crispy. Remove from oven, add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, cooked bacon and return to the oven until the cheese melted. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, fresh chives or green onions and enjoy!
Roasted Garlic & Herb Parmesan Smashed Potatoes Tips
- You can choose to prepare your potatoes by microwaving on high in a microwave proof dish for around 5-7 minutes, alternatively you can roast on 400 degrees in the oven, then continue with recipe when fork-tender.
- Pre-cook your bacon, then crisp it up under the broiler!
- Add in different seasoning and herbs like fresh parsley, dill or cajun and lemon herb.
More Tasty Side Dishes to Try Next
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Roasted Garlic & Herb Parmesan Smashed Potatoes
- 2 lbs Yellow Baby Potatoes petite potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil or cooking oil spray
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning or blend of parsley, oregano, basil and thyme
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese shredded or shaved
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter softened
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Green Onions finely sliced
- 6 Strips Crispy Bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Bring a large stockpot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Place potatoes in pot and cook until fork-tender, drain well and set aside.
- Preheat oven by setting broiler on HIGH. Then, in a small bowl, mix together butter, garlic and italian seasoning, set aside.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with olive oil or cooking oil spray. Arrange the potatoes onto the sheet, then using a fork very gently smash (flatten) each potato. Add a small dollop of the garlic herb butter on each potato, and sprinkle with a dash or salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Broil until golden and crispy around then remove from oven, add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, cooked bacon and return to the oven until the cheese melted.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, fresh chives or green onions and enjoy!