Summer Peach and Prosciutto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze Drizzle, if summer had a pizza, this most definitely would be it. Start with your favourite pizza dough, slather on the fresh pesto as a base, and top with the delicious summery treats like basil, fresh peach slices and a yummy cheese blend!
If you love pizza recipes, you’ll sure love this Homemade Chipotle BBQ Chicken Pizza and this Prosciutto, Arugula, and Herbed Tomato Pizza with Homemade Pizza Dough!
So, it’s early August! Which means it’s PEACH SEASON, which translates to one of the best seasons ever! Peaches can be used in a variety of ways – from cooking, to baking, to mixed and infused drinks, the options are endless. They not only taste great, but are packed with nutrients and antioxidants. No summer is complete with a peach- something! So, let’s get into this summertime Peach and Prosciutto Pizza w/ Balsamic Glaze Drizzle!
Recipe Tips and Notes
How to Make the Pizza – make your balsamic glaze and homemade pizza dough if working from scratch. Preheat oven and stretch pizza dough. Start with your pesto base, then add-mozzarella, prosciutto, thinly sliced peach slices, fresh basil, and top with parmigiano-reggiano cheese blend. When removed from oven, and ready to eat drizzle balsamic glaze over top
The Peaches – I used large peaches, and left the skin on. You can decide whether you want the skin on or off, however I find it add more texture and colour to the dish! I would also not recommend using canned peaches, as they contain excess liquid, and don’t work well on this pizza. Fresh is best.
A Few Extra Notes – I added fresh prosciutto, basil and parmigiano-reggiano cheese over top once I was ready to eat. I love the fresh ingredients paired with the warm base! Give it a try! Also, Nonna Pia’s Balsamic Glaze is everything (this is not sponsored – I genuinely love their product.)
Summer Peach and Prosciutto Pizza with Balsamic Glaze Drizzle
- Pizza Dough homemade (see recipe above) or store bought
- 1/2 cup Basil Pesto Sauce more/less to taste
- 340 g Mozzarella Cheese Ball sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese Blend
- 7 Slices Prosciutto thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 Peaches large, cut in half, cored, sliced
- 1/3 cup Fresh Basil Leaves finely chopped
- Balsamic Glaze balsamic reduction, to taste
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal or flour for dusting
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil for pizza pan or cast-iron skillet
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C), or temperature indicated on directions of pizza dough directions.
- Place dough on clean and lightly floured surface. Roll, stretch and shape dough into an approximately 12-inch round or as thick and wide as you prefer. Press the dough onto a lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or cast-iron skillet.
- Brush basil pesto sauce evenly over top of crust, ensuring a even spread and avoiding outer edges. Next, top with parmigiano-reggiano cheese and mozzarella cheese (as the cheese melts, it will spread, ensure even spaces between the slices).
- Layer prosciutto over the cheese and pesto, ensuring to align pieces side by side, overlapping if desired. Next, evenly layer peach slices, and top with fresh basil.
- Transfer pizza to preheated oven. Bake according to package instructions or until edges are lightly golden, and cheese melted. When done, remove from oven and garnish with fresh basil, more parmigiano-reggiano cheese and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Cut into even slices and serve warm.
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.