BBQ Sriracha Chicken Wings, this easy and delicious chicken wings recipe is the perfect combination of sweet BBQ and sriracha spicy! Glazed with a 3-ingredient homemade BBQ sauce, this oven baked chicken wing recipe is perfect for game day, sharing as an appetizer and just finger-licking good!
So tell me, what kind wing person are you? Wet or dry? Flats or Drums? Breaded or Original? I’m definitely an in-between wet & dry (not dripping in sauce and not, dry as toast). Exactly how it’s pictured above is how I love to enjoy them!
Wings are also one of my favourite and most reached for foods to prepare in our home – especially on Friday nights and weekends. Perhaps it’s because it’s easy and quick to whip up, or because it simply pairs so well with so many things, like salads, fries, potatoes, rice etc. Regardless, of what you pair it with wings are amazing, and this recipe is definitely one to try!
How to Make Crispy Baked Chicken Wings?
The secret to making crispy chicken wings is to ensure you pat them dry, bake them at high heat; around 400°F or higher, bake them on a wire rack, and use baking powder. Baking powder helps the skin on chicken wings crisp up faster due the alkaline in baking powder breaking down the peptide bonds in the skin. Cooking the wings on a rack ensures that the heat will circulate around the wings, allowing the juices released from the wings to drip away, allowing the the wings to roast.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken Wings?
Chicken wings should be cooked until crispy, golden brown, and cooked through. This will take around 45 minutes in an oven at 400°F, flipping at the halfway point to allow even crispness. Alternatively, the internal doneness temp of chicken wings using a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest area of the wing being careful to avoid the bone, should read 165 °F.
How to Make Sriracha BBQ Sauce
This delicious sweet spicy thai sauce with a hint of ginger is so quick and easy to mix together and only requires 3 ingredients:
- BBQ Sauce, I used Diana Gourmet Rib & Chicken BBQ Sauce
- Sriracha Chili Sauce
- Pure Honey
Mix all ingredients until well combined and when wings are done and crispy, remove from oven and toss in sauce until well coated.
What to Serve With Sriracha BBQ Chicken Wings
Serve these chicken wings with blue cheese or ranch dipping sauce along with celery and/or carrot sticks on the side. These are perfect for family and friend gatherings, friday night wing night, game day appetizers or a simple weeknight dinner!
Grab the BBQ Sriracha Chicken Wings Grocery List (Screenshot The Recipe Ingredients Below)!
Chicken Wings ⠀
Smoked Paprika or Regular Paprika
Dried Parsley Flakes
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
BBQ Sriracha Sauce
BBQ Sauce (I used Diana Gourmet Rib & Chicken BBQ Sauce) ⠀
Sriracha Chili Sauce
Pure Honey ⠀
Other Chicken Wing Recipes to Try
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
BBQ Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 1 lb Chicken Wings ⠀
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika or regular paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt more or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
BBQ Sriracha Sauce
- 1/2 cup BBQ Sauce I used Diana Gourmet Rib & Chicken BBQ Sauce ⠀
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Chili Sauce
- 1/4 cup Pure Honey ⠀
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire baking rack on top of the baking sheet.
- Pat dry the chicken wings with a lint-free paper towel to remove any excess water or liquid and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder to the chicken wings and mix until well coated. Season with garlic powder, smoked paprika, dried parsley flakes, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Arrange the wings on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- Combine sauce ingredients and set aside.
- When wings are almost done, remove from oven and toss in sauce or brush on the BBQ mixture. Return to oven, for another 5 minutes until sauce caramelized and bubbling.
- Serve with blue cheese or ranch dipping sauce, and enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.