Creamy Mushroom Chicken is a one skillet chicken dinner that’s tender, flavourful and absolutely delicious! It’s pan-fried chicken smothered in a creamy mushroom sauce and ready in just under 45 minutes!
If you’re a lover of creamy recipes, you just gotta try this Creamy Sun Dried Tomato and Spinach Seafood Pasta, this Creamy Tomato Pesto Shrimp Pasta or this One Pot Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
This is another recipe that was passed down from my mother to myself and my sisters. It’s so delicious, so quick and easy (you know that’s the trend around here) and literally hits right EVERY time. Campbell’s soups are so versatile and can be enjoyed on their own or as an ingredient in a variety of simple and satisfying recipes. So, if you’re ready to get into this – let’s get started!
Variations, Recipe Tips and Notes
I don’t like Mushrooms! – I was never a fan of mushrooms, until avoiding them in this dish distracted from the time it took from me actually enjoying the dish. So, I decided to suck it up and guess what, I enjoyed it! HOWEVER – if you’re not a fan, you can substitute with Campbell’s Cream of Chicken, Cream of Broccoli and Cheese, or quite frankly, any of the Campbell’s Cream of’s!
Pan Sear First – if you chose to leave the skin on, it gets insanely crispy and the meat remains tender and juicy! Regardless of skin on/off ensure to pat the chicken dry with paper towels (pre-seasoning) as moisture will prevent the skin from getting crispy. It also allows for the flavours to burst and the ingredients to come together nicely! Once golden-brown, add the campbells’ and fresh mushrooms.
What mushrooms to use? – I used cremini mushrooms, however you can use baby portobello mushrooms, white mushrooms, or whatever you have on hand!
Creamy Mushroom Chicken
- 6 Chicken Thighs skin on or off
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Chicken Seasoning or seasoning salt
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 230g/ 8oz Cremini Mushrooms sliced or whatever mushrooms you have on hand
- 1/4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Pat dry your chicken, and season with garlic powder, onion powder, chicken seasoning or seasoning salt, paprika and black pepper.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil (enough to cover the bottom of skillet), and pan sear chicken until golden brown on both sides. The chicken will not be fully cooked through, however it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Once golden brown, add mushrooms and chicken broth to skillet – allow to cook for 1-2 minutes max.
- Pour Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom on top of chicken and mushrooms. It will appear as though there’s not enough sauce, but once heated, it will surely be enough! Stir in the sauce, you can turn/flip the chicken around so the sauce is evenly distributed.
- Cover with lid or aluminum foil, and place in oven at 380°F for 15-17 mins or until internal temp reached 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius).
- Remove from oven, serve and enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.