Balsamic Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are the perfect side dish for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays! The caramelized roasted brussels sprouts, savory bacon, and tangy balsamic vinegar provide a mouthwatering irresistible flavour. Not to mention they are quick and easy to make with very minimal prep work involved!
Table of Contents
When the ‘ber months roll around, also known as September, October, November, and December there’s an internal joy that explodes! These are my favourite months, and the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas make it extra special. These oven roasted sprouts are one of my favourite sides to serve at the dinner table especially during the holidays. They are an excellent source of antioxidants, contain very little calories, high in fibre, and loaded with vitamin C and K. Coupled with this, they are super tasty and a must to try if you haven’t already!
How to Make Oven Roasted Sprouts
It’s so simple! Start by preheating the oven to 425°F (220°C). Then wash and trim the ends of the brussels sprouts. Cut in half, lengthwise and place on a lightly greased sheet pan. Add in the bacon, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes (we want crispy edges). You can choose to broil them for an additional 2-3 minutes to get them even crispier and caramelized (might not be necessary). Drizzle with balsamic reduction & you’re done!
Drizzle Generously & then T-O-S-S!
Other Holiday Side Dishes You Might Enjoy!
Jamaican Rice & Peas & Vegan Jamaican Bulgur Wheat & Peas (Rice & Peas Remix)
Balsamic Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts ends removed and halved
- 4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon or Pancetta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Reduction or glaze
- 1/4 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and lightly grease a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking oil spray, set aside.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- Arrange brussels sprouts, bacon and garlic on the pan. Spread out the brussel sprouts and do not overcrowd your sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until sprouts tender, and charred along the edges, bacon cooked through and crispy.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle on balsamic reduction, adjust taste with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
Jessica LawsonOctober 1, 2020 at 12:45 pm
I’m a big fan of roasting brussels with bacon but I had never tried it with balsamic glaze. What a great addition! That little pop of acidity really sets them off. This will be my go to recipe from now on.
Taneisha MorrisOctober 4, 2020 at 3:26 am
It certainly does! It’s such a great addition! Thank you Jessica!
MarianneOctober 18, 2020 at 6:42 pm
Hi! I loved this! So good…never roasted brussels before…and the balsamic is what made it perfect. I also added onions with the brussels which carmelized and gave a touch of sweetness. I also drizzled a bit of honey to mix with the balsamic glaze. Perfect!
Taneisha MorrisNovember 3, 2020 at 10:41 pm
Hi Marianne! This makes me happy to hear! I’m glad you enjoyed and added your own touch to it! Thank you so much for the feedback!