Balsamic Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are the perfect side dish for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays! The caramelized roasted brussels sprouts, savory bacon, and tangy balsamic vinegar provide a mouthwatering irresistible flavour. Not to mention they are quick and easy to make with very minimal prep work involved!
When the ‘ber months roll around, also known as September, October, November, and December there’s an internal joy that explodes! These are my favourite months, and the holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas make it extra special. These oven roasted sprouts are one of my favourite sides to serve at the dinner table especially during the holidays. They are an excellent source of antioxidants, contain very little calories, high in fibre, and loaded with vitamin C and K. Coupled with this, they are super tasty and a must to try if you haven’t already!
How to Make Oven Roasted Sprouts
It’s so simple! Start by preheating the oven to 425°F (220°C). Then wash and trim the ends of the brussels sprouts. Cut in half, lengthwise and place on a lightly greased sheet pan. Add in the bacon, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes (we want crispy edges). You can choose to broil them for an additional 2-3 minutes to get them even crispier and caramelized (might not be necessary). Drizzle with balsamic reduction & you’re done!
Drizzle Generously & then T-O-S-S!
Other Holiday Side Dishes You Might Enjoy!
Balsamic Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts ends removed and halved
- 4 Slices Thick Cut Bacon or Pancetta
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Reduction or glaze
- 1/4 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C) and lightly grease a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking oil spray, set aside.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking oil spray or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- Arrange brussels sprouts, bacon and garlic on the pan. Spread out the brussel sprouts and do not overcrowd your sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes or until sprouts tender, and charred along the edges, bacon cooked through and crispy.
- Remove from oven, and drizzle on balsamic reduction, adjust taste with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve immediately & enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.