This super quick salmon recipe gives you all the garlicky, buttery, tasty vibes! It’s perfect for a weekday meal where you want gourmet taste in the comfort of your home or, on the weekend because hey – let’s eat good everyday!
This simple, yet delicious salmon recipe will have you in & out of your kitchen within a half an hour! I don’t know about you, but I most certainly despise being in the kitchen for an extended period of time. On the other hand, I love delicious food. As such, a recipe that balances those two desires will have my heart – this is one of them!
Variations, Recipe Tips and Notes
Garlic Lover Unite – If you’re not a garlic fan, I suggest you reduce the about of garlic. However, if you’re a garlic lover, like myself – pile it on! Just ensure you use enough butter to allow the garlic to caramelize/soften to perfection!
Easy Clean-Up – You want to ensure your aluminum foil has no holes, if you don’t have the strong/thick kind, I suggest double wrapping. This will ensure the easiest clean-up ever!
How long to Cook Salmon in Foil – It all depends on the size and thickness of your salmon fillet. If your fillet is very thick, 16 – 18 minutes in the oven at 375ºF might do. If it’s a thinner piece, 12-13 minutes will usually do. Ultimately, I reccommend cooking until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
There are really very limited ways in which you can go south (aka, mess up) this recipe – it’s real easy. Just ensure you season your salmon well, use fresh garlic, and add in some butter.
Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil
- 1 pound 453g Fresh Salmon
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 3 tbsp Butter or Ghee
- ½ Green Seasoning click here for recipe
- ½ tsp Old Bay Seasoning you can also use Fish Seasoning
- ½ tsp Salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice a slight squeeze will do
- If you don’t have green seasoning – add these additional ingredients:
- 1 tsp Parsley
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line an oven safe dish or baking sheet with foil – ensure the piece of foil is large enough to fold over and seal the salmon, creating a packet.
- Pat dry your salmon. Add a slight squeeze of lemon to your salmon, and season with green seasoning ( alternatively parsley and cayenne pepper), Old Bay, salt, and black pepper.
- Using a garlic press, crush garlic and add half to the bottom of the prepared dish/sheet. Add butter/ghee.
- Place salmon on top of garlic butter, and fold the sides of the foil over the salmon. Ensure the packet is well sealed so the sauce does not leak.
- Place the dish/sheet into the oven, and bake until cooked, 12-16min. Cooking time depends on the thickness of the fillet – check notes section.
- Open foil packet, and broil salmon for 2-3 minutes. Stay close, be careful not to burn your fish!