This Vegetable and Bean Salad is undeniably one of the easiest most satisfying salad recipes that can be enjoyed all year round! This vibrant dish comes together by combining fresh vegetables, mixed beans, a drizzle of olive oil and some of your favourite herbs! Serve for lunch, or as a side dish for dinner or healthy snack anytime throughout the day. Recipe includes step-by-step-video.
Love salads and looking for more recipe inspo? Try my Tomato Avocado Cucumber Salad or my Orzo Salad with Sundried Tomatoes and Feta next!
Vegetable and Bean Salad
Naturally, I absolutely LOVE salads. I eat them whether it’s a warm, sunny summer day or a brick cold winter evening. I eat them whether I’m trying to shed a few pounds, or simply just enjoying life. I love salads!
To add to this, I love experimenting with foods and if you’ve ever been around me when ordering food, you know I am the customization QUEEN (my friends and family know what I’m talking about, haha)!
With that being said, it only makes sense that this fresh vegetable, corn, and bean salad is one of my faves! It combines some of my favourite, and not so favourite foods into a well balanced meal of perfection!
You’ll Love This Mixed Bean and Veggie Salad! Here’s Why…
- Simple – this recipe uses beans, veggies, a simple herb blend and olive oil, making it a simple tasty salad!
- Customizable – if you prefer pinto beans over black beans, feel free to swap it out, or any of the ingredients for your favourites!
- Quick and Easy – ready in less than 30 minutes, which means you’re in and out the kitchen in no time.
Variations & Recipe Notes
Beans – I do acknowledge that not everyone likes beans or some prefer one type of bean over another (pinto over black, red kidney over chick peas etc. ). So I say feel free to sub in any beans you personally enjoy, and omit any that you don’t! I’ve tried this recipe a million different ways and it ALWAYS tastes great!
Throw These In – Another great thing about this salad is you can spice it up with some jalapeños and red chili peppers or you can add some cheese. It also pairs very well with chicken. Try it barbecued… delicious!
Say No to Extra Liquid – Ensure you strain your vegetables & beans thoroughly, especially tomatoes; you do not want a soggy salad! It also helps to keep your salad fresh and crunchy if you have leftovers!
Vegetable and Bean Salad
- Large Serving Bowl
- 1 cup Bell Peppers tri-colour, any combination, diced
- 1 cup Cucumbers diced
- 1 cup Celery diced
- 1 cup Tomatoes seeds removed, diced
- ⅓ cup Green Onions sliced
- ½ cup Red Onion diced
- 1 cup Whole Corn Kernels drained
- 1 cup Red Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp Italian Seasoning I used the Club House Brand (McCormick)
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley finely chopped for garnish
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Combine chickpeas, red kidney beans, black beans, corn, celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and green onions in a large bowl. Toss or stir well so that all ingredients are well-combined.
- Season with Italian seasoning, sugar, black pepper and salt if needed, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and another squeeze of fresh lemon juice if desired and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and serve!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.