Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, are a simple, delicious and easy to make low carb, whole 30 compliant, keto approved recipe. They make for a delicious appetizer or side dish and require only 4 ingredients! Ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish, this is almost guaranteed to be one of your favourite finger-foods!
More flavourful, delicious veggie and protein recipes? I’ve got your back with my Stuffed Poblano Peppers (Keto Recipe) and my Keto Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake recipe! C’mon, go ahead and try them – you know you want to!
Big thank you to CornershopCA for sponsoring this blog post. As a avid online shopper, it gives me great pleasure to share Cornershop with you. They offer an on-demand grocery delivery service where you can browse local grocery stores, pharmacies, hardware stores etc. and have the items delivered to your doorstep in 60-90 minutes. Lastly, a big thanks to you, my readers for supporting me and supporting the brands who support The Seasoned Skillet. All thoughts & opinions are my own.
Use code CA_SOCIAL to get $15 off your first order with Cornershop!
Table of Contents
How to Make Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
Start by trimming your asparagus stalks by removing the woody ends and discarding, then preheat oven by setting broiler on HIGH. In a small bowl, add softened butter and garlic, mix until well combined. Brush the garlic butter over each asparagus stalk ensuring an even coating.
Next, slice prosciutto in half horizontally, then working one at a time, wrap each asparagus stalk moving on a diagonal angle downwards from the top. Cover the entire length of stalk. Repeat process with remaining asparagus and prosciutto.
Place under the broiler for 4-5 minutes, until prosciutto crispy and asparagus tender!
Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus Tips
- Prosciutto on its own is VERY salty. If you are sensitive to salt, I recommend using half a prosciutto slice per asparagus stalk.
- To remove the tough, woody ends of the asparagus, bend the asparagus near the base – it should snap in the right place; leaving the softer, more pleasant portion of the stalk to eat!
- Roast the asparagus until it is easily pierced by a fork (fork tender) or cooked to your desired liking. Asparagus will also turn a bright green colour, indicating doneness.
- Additional seasoning options – lemon zest and/or lemon wedges, parmesan cheese, herbs, red chili flakes, red wine or balsamic glaze
Other Must Try Garlic Butter Dishes
Easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites & Easy Garlic Butter Shrimp Scampi
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Garlic Butter Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 20 stalks Asparagus trimmed
- 5-10 slices Prosciutto thinly sliced, halved horizontally, see notes section
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter softened
- Black Pepper to taste
- Trim asparagus stalks by removing woody ends and discarding, then preheat oven by setting broiler on HIGH.
- In a small bowl, add softened butter and garlic, mix until well combined. Brush the garlic butter over each asparagus stalk ensuring an even coating.
- Slice prosciutto in half horizontally, then working one at a time, wrap each asparagus stalk moving on a diagonal angle downwards from the top. Cover the entire length of stalk. Repeat process with remaining asparagus and prosciutto.
- Place each wrapped stalk on a baking sheet, season with black pepper and place in oven for 4-5 minutes or until prosciutto crispy and asparagus bright green and tender, or cooked to your preference. Remove, and enjoy!