Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs), this popular and traditional Korean barbecued beef ribs recipe is divinely delicious, so very easy to make, and full of flavour! Thin sliced beef short ribs are marinated in a sweet flavourful garlic soy mixture and grilled or broiled to a tender perfection! Make this delicious Korean BBQ dish in the comfort of your home for dinner, and serve with steamed white rice, veggies, or your favourite side dish!
Table of Contents
More Asian Inspired Recipes, You Need to Try!
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)
- 3 pounds Korean Style Beef Short Ribs
- 3/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce more to taste
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- Green Onions sliced, for garnish, optional
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for marinade: soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin, sesame seed oil, sriracha hot chili sauce, and minced garlic.
- Using a large Ziploc bag or large rectangular glass dish with a lid, combine garlic soy sauce mixture and beef short ribs; marinate for 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator – see notes section below.
- If using a grill, preheat grill to medium high heat (if using oven, preheat broiler to high heat). Place short ribs on grill (or lined baking sheet fitted with a wired rack), discard remaining marinade and cook, flipping once, until desired doneness is reached; about 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness.
- Remove from heat, garnish with sliced green onions, serve immediately and enjoy!