Marinated Greek Style Chicken, is an easy chicken recipe infused with classic Greek flavors of lemon, garlic, cumin and oregano! Perfect for a delicious weeknight family or friends dinner, this tender and juicy chicken recipe will leave everyone satisfied. Served in this Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki & Homemade Pita recipe or your choice of side.
It is #GreekWeek here on the Seasoned Skillet, and this yummy chicken recipe is the perfect addition to the series of recipes! The chicken marinates in a lemon, garlic, oregano mixed marinade, left over night and either grilled or pan seared to perfection! Keep reading to find out how to make this at home!
Table of Contents
Marinated Greek Style Chicken Recipe Tips and Notes
Marinate, Marinate, Marinate – it is so key to to marinate your chicken for at least 4 -8 hours, you can even leave it overnight. Both the lemon juice, and balsamic vinegar also tenderize the chicken, which set you up for perfectly tender and moist chicken! This is one of my favourite chicken recipes as this marinade recipe keeps true to the Greek flavours and is sure to impress!
Cut of Meat – you can use other cuts of chicken, for example thighs. I chose chicken breasts as they were on hand, and easier to slice for the Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki & Homemade Pita, however feel free to use thighs!
Pairs Well With – you can use this chicken recipe in an assortment of ways. Try pairing this up with lemon herb roasted potatoes or rice, serve alongside a Greek Salad & Red Wine Vinaigrette, try it with some pasta, or in a wrap! You’ve bound to love it whichever way you decide!
TSS Tips – don’t overcook your chicken. If you are using chicken breasts, an internal temp of 165°F, indicates doneness.
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Marinated Greek Style Chicken
- 3 large Chicken Breast boneless skinless and pounded
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 5 – 6 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp Granulated White Sugar
- ½ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the marinade – olive oil, minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, parsley, paprika, cumin, onion powder, salt, sugar and black pepper. Add pounded chicken breasts to the marinade and use either a Ziploc bag, or bowl with a lid. Marinate for 4 – 8 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from fridge, and allow to sit at room temperature for at least 20 minutes. In a skillet, over medium heat, add chicken breasts and leave undisturbed for at least 3 – 4 minutes, or until brown on one side. Flip the chicken, cover skillet and repeat until done. Or, bake in oven on 400 for 18 – 20* minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Once done, move to a cutting board, allow to rest for a few minutes and slice.