This is one of the easiest, freshest, and most delicious chunky tomato “salsas” out there! All it requires is 4 fresh ingredients – tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, cilantro, and the options are endless on what you can serve this with or on – from tortilla chips to burgers, you’ll be in love!
Recipe Tips and Notes
Use Firm Ripe Tomatoes – these work best! Unfortunately sad, soft, bruised tomatoes don’t work well for this recipe!
Hold the Seeds – Ensure you core your tomatoes and remove the seeds before chopping, or you will have a lot of excess liquid after you let rest.
Let Rest – it’s important to allow your pico to rest for at minimum 20 mins before indulging! This time allows the flavours to meld, mingle, dance, and infuse!
If you enjoy salsas, check out my Summer Mango Pineapple Salsa – click here
Easy Pico De Gallo (Salsa Fresca)
- 3 medium Ripe Tomatoes diced
- ¼ large Red or White Onion chopped
- ½ Jalapeño more or less to taste
- 2-3 tbsp Cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice more to taste
- ½ tsp Salt more or less to taste
- ¼ tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper optional
- Finely chop your tomatoes, red or white onion, jalapenos, and cilantro, set aside.
- In a medium serving bowl, combine the chopped ingredients – tomatoes, red or white onion, jalapenos, and cilantro, lime juice, salt and black pepper (optional). Let rest (marinate) for 20 minutes. Be sure to do a taste test!
- If not ready to serve, keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve with a slotted spoon to avoid transfer of tomato juices, and enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.