Conestoga Farm eggs and a beautiful medley of sweet peppers, potatoes, black beans, salsa, shredded cheddar and Italian sausage! This is a breakfast for champs, and one that will leave you feeling satisfied, filled and ready to conquer to the day!
The busyness of life can really throw you in for a loop, and it’s so easy to become overwhelmed by it all. My method of conquering these moments are planning and prepping…prepping and planning! Those who fail to plan, plan to fail, I’m sure you’ve heard that before! This encompasses everything from planning my schedule and to-do list, to MEAL PREPPING! The last thing you need to worry about is worrying over what to cook! So here is one of my favourite breakfast recipes that saves so much time during the week as you can make it in large batches, portion it out and bam bam, breakfast/brunch is fixed for the week!
Table of Contents
All about Conestoga Farms Eggs!
A little History Lesson“becuase local matters” is their slogan, and it truly brings about a warm feeling, knowing I am supporting local Ontario egg farmers. Their mission is to bring local, wholesome, premium eggs from Southwestern Ontario egg farms to your family…why? Because local matters!
What’s in the Egg?
Conestoga Farms Free Run Omega-3 White Eggs, are produced by feeding their hens an all-grain diet, enriched with flax seed – a source of DHA omega-3 polyunsaturates. Each large free run omega-3 egg contains 0.4 g of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids – talk about a wholesome egg!
For this recipe, I used Conestoga Farms Free Run Omega-3 White Eggs, and I absolutely loved them! Not only did they taste great, but I knew I was consuming wholesome, quality, enriched local eggs produced by proud Ontario farmers and their families. It truly makes a difference, knowing the source and the quality of what you are eating!
For more information on their eggs visit Conestoga Farms.
Let’s Crack a Egg!
Tex-Mex Breakfast Burritos (Conestoga Eggs)
- 8 Conestoga Farms Free Run Omega-3 White Eggs scrambled approx. 2 eggs/ burrito
- 5 Italian Sausage minced optional
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Taco Seasoning
- ½ can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- ½ large Potato finely chopped
- ½ Red Yellow & Green Bell Peppers finely chopped
- ½ large Yellow Onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Tex Mex Shredded Cheese
- ½ cup Salsa more for dipping
- ¼ cup Cilantro chopped optional
- ¼ tsp Salt & Pepper more to taste
- 4 – 5 Large Tortilla Wraps
- Finely chop potatoes, bell peppers, and onions.
- In a large skillet or non-stick pan, add a touch of neutral tasting cooking oil, and saute potatoes until fork tender and starting to brown. Remove from skillet, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add onions, and peppers, saute for about 2 mins. remove from skillet, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in small bowl. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. When the eggs begin to set, scramble eggs. Cook until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remain. Do not overcook your eggs! Remove from skillet, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the sausage to the skillet, ensure it is broken up (minced), add the chili powder, cumin, and taco seasoning. Stir well and cook for approx. 5 minutes until the meat has browned. Transfer to a bowl, set aside.
- Wipe away any brown and burnt bits from the pan with a paper towel.
- Assemble the wraps by layering ingredients on the tortilla wrap. Start with the hash brown potatoes, sausage, and black beans. Continue with the scrambled eggs, cheese and cilantro, then roll them up tightly – use a toothpick to secure the ends if necessary. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the rolls seam side down onto skillet, over medium heat, toast until cheese has melted and golden brown on the centre of both sides.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!