Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa is the perfect treat for your taste buds – it’s the addictive, bold and tasty flavours of Jamaica, in burger form! Perfectly seasoned homemade jerk beef patty, placed on a brioche bun and topped with a sweet spicy mango pineapple salsa that will leave you satisfied and hooked! Recipe instructions includes full step-by-step recipe video.
Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa
When the temperatures start to rise, I always love exploring and testing out-of-the-box burger recipes – there’s just something about burgers and summers! I love the versatility of homemade burgers; it’s literally a blank slate and you can make it into whatever you want! So if you’re ready to try out a recipe that will sweep you away to an island oasis…keep reading!
Here’s also why I adore these Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa:
- Easy to make and versatile – make them thick or thin, on the grill, oven or stovetop, really spicy or mild etc.
- Perfect make-ahead burger recipe
- Juicy, delicious and homemade burger patties are crowd-pleaser
- Unbeatable flavour and perfect during the summer months
Check out these Jerk Recipes…
- Jerk Chicken Poutine
- Pineapple Jerk Chicken & Shrimp Skewers
- Jerk Chicken Cobb Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Quick & Easy Jamaican Jerk Chicken
- Jamaican Rasta Pasta
How to Make Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa
Prepare Salsa – finely chop all ingredients for the salsa – mango, pineapple, scotch bonnet pepper, red and green bell pepper, white or red onion, parsley or cilantro, lime and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and refrigerate until ready to serve. For the full recipe, click here.
Preheat Grill/Oven – preheat grill to a medium high flame (approx. 375°F).
Make Jerk Burger Patties – generously season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, black pepper, and jerk seasoning marinade and divide into 4 equal portions. Form patties using your hands that are about 1/2″ thick and 1″ wider than the burger buns.
Grill Burger Patties – grill burgers (indent side up), brush BBQ jerk sauce on each side, and remove when cooked through to your liking. Toast buns then top with burger patty, lettuce, tomatoes and mango pineapple salsa as desired. Serve and enjoy!
Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa Step-by-Step Recipe Video
Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa Recipe Tips and Notes
The Meat – This is the meat of the matter, pun intended (haha)! Of course different techniques and methods will offer up varying tastes however, the ground beef is essentially the first and most important ingredient aside from the mango pineapple salsa. For this recipe I recommend selecting ground beef with a higher fat content. Try to go for an 80:20 ratio ground beef – 20% fat, 80% lean. The leaner the beef, the drier your burgers will be. Other tips would be to use freshly ground, grass-fed or conventionally raised beef.
The Jerk Seasoning Marinade – you can make your own Jerk Marinade however, if you want to save some time, Grace Jerk Seasoning (Mild), Tricnic as well as Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning (Hot) are three brands I stand by. They come in both mild and hot heat levels, so if spice isn’t your thing, you can opt for the mild selection.
The Mango Pineapple Salsa – This is a delicious salsa that’s all things fruity, sweet, and spicy at the same time! The ingredients are simple; mango, pineapple, scotch bonnet (or jalapeños), bell peppers, white onions, parsley, and fresh citrus juices. It bursts of your favourite summery flavours & herby deliciousness!
Homemade Burger Tips for Success
Here are some great tips for when grilling your burgers and yes, I definitely recommend grilling for this recipe. Jerk seasoning and charcoal are just the perfect match, however you can opt for stovetop or oven as well!
- Only flip your burgers once.
- Don’t flatten your burgers with a spatula – this will force all the yummy juices out of the burger, leading to a drier/tougher burger.
- Allow your patties to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes prior to cooking – this aids in the moist, juicy burger objective we all want to achieve.
- Don’t overhandle your meat – handle them lightly (especially when mixing) to maintain the tenderness of the meat. during the cooking process.
Grab the Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa Grocery List (Screenshot The Recipe Ingredients Below)!
Pineapple Mango Salsa
Scotch Bonnet or Jalapeno Pepper
Red & Green Bell Peppers
White or Red Onion
Fresh Parsley or Cilantro
Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
Medium Ground Beef (80/20)
Jerk Seasoning Marinade (i.e. Grace, Tricnic or Walkerswood Brand, mild or hot)
Salt and Black Pepper
Brioche or Regular Hamburger Buns
BBQ Jerk or Honey Jerk Sauce (see notes section below)
Love the Taste of Jerk? Check Out These Recipes Below
Pineapple Jerk Chicken & Shrimp Skewers & Jerk Chicken Cobb Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful! Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Jerk Burgers with Pineapple Mango Salsa
- Cutting Board
- Mixing Bowl
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mango finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Fresh Pineapple finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Scotch Bonnet Pepper optional or as desired, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Red & Green Bell Peppers combined finely chopped
- 3 tbsp White or Red Onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley or Cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp Lime Juice freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cracked Black Pepper more or less to taste
- 1 lb Medium Ground Beef 80/20
- 3 tbsp Jerk Marinade i.e. Grace, Tricnic or Walkerswood Brand, mild or hot
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper more or less to taste
- Other Ingredients
- 4 Brioche or Regular Hamburger Buns
- 4 Lettuce Leaves whole
- Tomatoes sliced
- Red Onions sliced
- BBQ Jerk or Honey Jerk Sauce see notes section
- Finely chop all ingredients for the salsa – mango, pineapple, scotch bonnet pepper, red and green bell pepper, white or red onion, parsley or cilantro, lime and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to a medium high flame (approx. 375°F).
- Generously season ground beef with garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, salt, black pepper, and jerk seasoning marinade and divide into 4 equal portions. Form patties using your hands that are about 1/2″ thick and 1″ wider than the burger buns. Ensure there is a shallow indent in the middle of the patty as this helps keep them moist.
- Grill burgers (indent side up), brush BBQ jerk sauce on each side, and remove when cooked to your liking.
- Toast buns then top with burger patty, lettuce, tomatoes and mango pineapple salsa as desired. Serve and enjoy!
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.