This natural Immunity and Energy Boosting Drink, is great way to help boost your immune system and energy, as well as aid your body in fighting off and protecting against common colds and flus. This wellness drink has fresh turmeric, ginger, garlic, naval oranges, lemon, and other cold-fighting, anti-inflammatory, digestive aid, immunity boosting ingredients!
Table of Contents
What is an Immunity Booster Drink/Shot?
As the seasons change, it’s common for colds and flus to rear their heads and make their rounds. This drink is a natural aid in defending your body against colds, flus, and allergy symptoms all while building a stronger immune system.
Disclaimer: I am not a licensed dietician/nutritionist, or medical professional. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this blog post, or site.
How to Make an Immunity and Energy Boosting Drink
This drink has everything your immune system needs, from turmeric and ginger, to garlic, and citrus fruits like lemons and oranges. First, you thoroughly wash all your ingredients. Next, you juice your ginger, garlic, turmeric, orange and lemon. Then, add in your last few ingredients. Finally mix well, pour and enjoy! It’s jammed packed with maximum strength immune boosting ingredients, so let’s break them down.
The Ingredients to Juice
Ginger – this root has antibiotic effects and other strong medicinal properties. It has an long history of effective uses in both traditional and alternative medicine. It also has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. Other benefits are curing nausea, upset stomachs , soothing a sore throat and clearing congestion.
Turmeric – this bright yellow-orange root is a little powerhouse of health! It has natural anti-inflammatory components which can be credited to curcumin. Curcumin is the primary active component of turmeric. Turmeric, is also known to increase the antioxidant capacity of the body.
Orange & Lemon – this gives an extra boost of vitamin c. Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrients found in citrus fruits, like oranges and lemons. These fruit also help with decreasing inflammation, and are also high in antioxidants.
Garlic – known to have antibiotic, antifungal properties and other strong medicinal properties. It helps to boost the function of the immune system, and aids in fighting off sickness like the common cold and flus.
The Non-Juiced Ingredients
Honey – antimicrobial, and antioxidant properties, which are known to fight some bacteria and viruses. Most commonly, used to soothe an irritated throat and suppress coughing.
Apple Cider Vinegar – know to help kill pathogens, including bacteria. Also has a high concentration of vitamin C, fiber, and acids. This is known to help break up congestion, as well as boost the immune system.
Black Pepper – used to activate the curcumin in the turmeric.
Other Immunity, Health & Wellness Tips
- Increase your vitamin c, and other vitamins and minerals.
- Increase your nutrient rich whole foods intake.
- Rest, and make sure you are resting well.
- Stay hydrated, drink lots of water.
- Keep the body moving, even if it’s a little walk every day, or up and down the steps at home.
- Consider a blood test, it’s one of the most important ways to keep track of your overall physical well-being
What does it Taste Like?
I most definitely will not lie to you, this is not the best tasting drink out there. I will say, it has strong citrus flavours which are quite tasty. The “heat” from the cayenne, black pepper, ginger, and garlic come afterwards. You can adjust the taste to your preference. For example, you can add freshly squeezed orange juice or more honey to offset the other flavours. Lastly, in the words of my mother, and grandmother “it might not taste good, but it works”!
Grab the Drink Grocery List (Screenshot The Below)!
- Handful Fresh Ginger
- Generous Handful Fresh Turmeric
- 1 Whole Head Garlic
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Oranges
- Pure Honey
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cayenne Pepper
Other Healthy Recipes You’ll Enjoy!
Tips for Making Immunity and Energy Boosting Drink
- Thoroughly wash your lemons, oranges, garlic and ginger. I use a vegetable brush, and soak them in water and diluted vinegar. This step is most important as you zest the lemon and ginger first (the zest is where a potent amount of vitamin c is). Next, juice the whole ginger and turmeric, lemon and orange.
- Use a strong, high power juicer to juice your ingredients. I have a Breville, there is no need to strain, and it extract the maximum amount of juice the ingredients.
- Use fresh ingredients only
- Drink immediately, the longer you wait or refrigerate, the more the drink will lose its nutritional potency.
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Immunity and Energy Boosting Drink
- 250 grams Ginger
- 250 grams Turmeric
- 7 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Lemons zested
- 2 Naval Oranges zested
- 2 tbsp Pure Honey
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar with “the Mother”
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Pinch Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Thoroughly wash your ginger, turmeric, oranges, and lemons.
- Zest and halve your lemon and orange, set zest aside.
- Remove outer layers of your garlic, and set aside.
- Juice your ginger, turmeric, oranges, lemon, and garlic.
- Add honey, apple cider vinegar, cayenne pepper, and black pepper, to the freshly squeezed juice and stir well until all incorporated.
- Drink immediately.