Easy Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze, is a delicious dessert that’s moist and easy to make with beautiful lemony blueberry flavour then drizzled with a simple 2 ingredient glaze! Serve for the perfect breakfast, brunch or dessert treat! Recipe includes easy step-by-step video and pictures.
If you’re looking for more recipes to satisfy that sweet tooth, consider making these Easy Coffee Cake Muffins, this Easy Classic Banana Bread with Recipe Video, or these classic How to Make Soft Cinnamon Rolls (Easy Recipe)!
Easy Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze
Cheers to another amazing yet, easy to make dessert recipe! This simple loaf doesn’t require much skill at all, so if you are intimidated by baking; have no fear! Despite this blueberry lemon loaf giving all the spring and summer time vibes, it can be enjoyed year-round, and it’s bound to be a hit!
Here are some other reasons why I love this Blueberry Lemon Loaf recipe:
- A perfect all-day, any-day treat, whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, afternoon snack or dinner!
- Uses simple on-hand ingredients you probably already have in the fridge or cupboard
- It takes around 15 minutes to prepare, and then it’s into the oven to bake to perfection
Check Out these Other Baking Delights…
- How to Make Soft Cinnamon Rolls (Easy Recipe)
- Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Easy White Chocolate Brownies with Chocolate Chips
- Cookies and Cream Cookies
How to Make Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze
Preheat Oven – preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
Dry Ingredients – whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Wet Ingredients – cream together butter and sugar, then add in eggs and buttermilk. Stir in 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tablespoon lemon zest.
Combine Dry & Wet Ingredients – add dry flour mixture to wet mixture, and stir just until combined, do not over mix.
Toss Blueberries – toss the blueberries with the 1 tablespoon of flour. Then, fold the blueberries gently into the batter and pour into prepared pan.
Bake – place in oven on the middle rack and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When done, remove loaf from pan and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then pour glaze on top and allow to cool fully.
Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze Step-by-Step Recipe Video
Easy Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze Recipe Tips and Notes
- Don’t Overmix your Batter – mix your dry and wet ingredients just until combined. Overmixing can lead to an overall denser loaf.
- Toss Blueberries in Flour – be sure to sure to toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon of flour to prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Microwave Lemon – for about 30 seconds or until warm enough to extract as much juice as possible from the flesh.
Can I Make Ahead Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze
If planning to bake this loaf ahead, allow to cool completely, wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temperature without the glaze. When ready to serve, prepare lemon glaze and add the day of serving.
How to Store Easy Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze
The best method to store this loaf is to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap then place an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Can I Freeze this Blueberry Lemon Loaf?
Blueberry Lemon Loaf freezes well because of its density and can withstand the freezing and thawing process without compromising texture and taste. If choosing to freeze, ensure the loaf is completely cooled, then slice it (if preferred) and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, followed by foil and then place in a freezer safe airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and bring to room temperature before serving.
If slicing before freezing, freeze in a single layer. Once frozen, you can stack and store the slices in whatever way works best for you in the freezer.
Can I Use Frozen Blueberries?
You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries, this recipe used fresh. If using frozen, do not thaw them prior to adding to the batter. You will most likely need to increase the bake time by a few minutes as well.
Can I Use a Different Type of Berry?
Feel free to swap the blueberries for raspberries, blackberries or strawberries, keeping the same process.
How Do you Keep Blueberry Lemon Loaf Moist?
To keep this lemon blueberry loaf moist, it’s important to keep a suitable fat content in the mixture, so avoid using low-fat milk/buttermilk. Apply the glaze while the loaf is still warm so it can be absorbed into the loaf, adding more moisture. When cooled and ready to store, follow the storage tips above to keep moist.
How do I Prevent the Edges of the Loaf from Overcooking?
Loaves and breads typically bake from the outside in (centre baking last). Try baking your blueberry lemon loaf in either in a light-colored metal or glass pan as opposed to a dark metal pan, which absorbs more heat. Additionally, if you notice the edges of the loaf is browning quickly or quicker than the insides, tent the bread with a piece of aluminum foil to preserve the edges and top from getting too brown.
Blueberry Lemon Loaf Recipe Variations
- Raspberries & Lemon – swap raspberries for the blueberries and turn this into a lemon raspberry loaf.
- Cranberries & Orange Juice – swap blueberries for cranberries, lemon juice for orange juice and turn this into an orange cranberry loaf.
- Strawberries & Lemon – swap strawberries for the blueberries and turn this into a strawberry lemon loaf.
General Baking Tips for Success
Baking can often be very daunting for beginners or the average home cook, however, it doesn’t have to be! Here are a few general tips for success that you should remember for the next time you bring out a mixing bowl and wooden spoon.
- Read the Recipe First, before Starting – there has been so many times I’ve messed up or had a failed recipe simply because I unintentionally skipped over a step, or didn’t follow a specific method. Reading ahead will help you know what to expect ahead of time.
- Prep All Your Ingredients – measure your ingredients before starting the recipe, and have everything laid out on the counter ready-to-go. This helps to ensure you have all the ingredients needed, avoiding the need to make ingredient substitutions. In addition, it helps you ensure accurate measurements for all ingredients.
- Measure Ingredients Accurately – this is one of the most important tips. A tasty baked good consists of accurately measured and precise ratios, as well as a recipe that has been tested many times. Luckily, half the battle is won when a recipe is well written, your job is to follow the instructions, measurements and method, spot on.
- Measuring Wet & Dry Ingredients – for wet ingredients use clear liquid measuring cups For dry ingredients, use measuring cups and spoons.
Grab the Easy Blueberry Lemon Loaf Grocery List (Screenshot The Recipe Ingredients Below)!
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Granulated White Sugar
1 cup Powdered/Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Love Baking with Fruits & Veggies? Try These Recipes Below…
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located near the top of the recipe card below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful!
Easy Blueberry Lemon Loaf with Lemon Glaze
- 9×5-inch Loaf Pan
Blueberry Lemon Loaf
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 1 cup Granulated White Sugar can be reduced to 3/4 cup
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Lemon large, juiced and zested
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Powdered/Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or grease with butter and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar, then add in eggs and buttermilk, don’t overmix your batter; once well combined stop mixing. Stir in 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 tablespoon lemon zest. Add your dry flour mixture to your wet mixture, and stir just until combined, do not over mix.
- In a separate bowl, toss the blueberries with the 1 tablespoon of flour. Then, fold the blueberries gently into the batter and pour into prepared pan.
- Place in oven on the middle rack and bake for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. When done, remove loaf from pan and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then pour glaze on top and allow to cool fully.
- In a small bowl add 1 cup powdered/icing sugar and 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice and stir with a spoon until smooth.
Note, the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary based on products used.