Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs are a quick and easy meatball recipe that’s so tender, packed with flavour and smothered in a delicious homemade sweet spicy with a touch of lime sauce! It’s incredibly easy to make, uses simple ingredients and perfect for weeknight dinners, make-ahead meals, and families!
Table of Contents
Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs
These Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs, are one of my favourite meatball recipes next to the Skillet Baked Hoisin Ginger (Mongolian) Meatballs. It comes together rather quickly and is the perfect recipe for batch cooking. The sauce is made uses sriracha, honey and garlic coming together to make a delicious sticky sweet spicy glaze!
- Perfect for make-ahead meals, meal prep and leftovers – they reheat well!
- Meatballs are baked in the oven not on the stovetop – easy effortless cooking!
- A great family-friendly weeknight dinner option – the kids love them, it’s proven!
Check Out These Bursting with Flavour Beef Recipes
- Cajun Butter Steak Bites
- Easy Beef and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- Kalbi (Korean BBQ Short Ribs)
- Skillet Baked Hoisin Ginger (Mongolian) Meatballs
- Pan Seared Steak with Chunky Tomato Avocado Salsa
What You Need to Make Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs
Ground Beef – 80/20 is what I usually recommend, 80% beef and 20% fat. However, you can use 50/50 ground beef and ground pork. Alternatively, you can substitute for all ground pork, ground turkey or chicken.
Breadcrumbs – you can choose to use regular breadcrumbs or panko, both work well in this recipe and help to keep flavour and moisture in the meatballs.
Green Onion – this adds great flavour, a pop of colour and great for garnishing; for best results slice finely. You can choose to use yellow onions as well, if doing so grate your onion for a smoother texture.
Fresh Garlic – minced or grated, for best results.
Eggs – this helps to bind the meatball ingredients together helping the meat, bread crumbs, and seasonings stick together.
Soy Sauce – great flavour, and eliminates the need to use salt in the recipe.
Brown Sugar – adds sweetness and mellows the spiciness of the sriracha hot chili sauce.
Sesame Seeds – for garnish and texture.
Butter – helps to add flavour and extra added richness to the sauce.
Garlic – minced or grated, for best results (you can never have too much!).
Beef/Chicken Stock – for added flavour and to help the sauce incorporate and meld.
Rice Wine Vinegar – this acidity adds a touch a tanginess to the sauce.
Soy Sauce – adds salt, flavour and colour to the sauce.
Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce – this brings the heat into the sauce, add more or less as desired.
Honey – this adds the perfect amount of sweetness needed in the recipe.
Fresh Lime Juice – adds a touch of tanginess and zest adding to the layers of flavour.
How to Make Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs
1. Preheat Oven & Combine Meatball Ingredients – preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Then, in a large mixing bowl, add the meatball ingredients – ground beef, breadcrumbs, green onions, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and black pepper and use your hands or large spoon to mix until well combined.
2. Form Meatballs – use a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop to measure out and roll and form the meat mixture into bite sized meatballs (approx. 18-20 meatballs).
3. Cook Meatballs – place the meatballs on a cast iron skillet or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and browned, flipping at the halfway point.
4. Make Sauce – while meatballs are cooking, add sauce ingredients – butter, garlic, honey, chicken/beef stock or water, sriracha chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and lime juice to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, bringing to a simmer and whisking frequently. Once sauce has begun to simmer, reduce heat to low and continue to whisk until thicken (or see notes section below to cornstarch slurry).
5. Sauce Meatballs, Garnish & Serve – when meatballs cooked, remove from oven and pour sauce over meatballs and toss until meatballs well coated. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired. Enjoy!
Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatball Recipe Notes & Tips
- This recipe calls for ground beef only, however you can opt for 50/50 ground beef/pork, or pork, ground turkey etc.
- Be gentle when mixing and forming the meatballs. Do not overwork your meat mixture or they’ll turn out tough, rubbery, and chewy.
- Combine 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch + 1 tsp cold water and mix until combined, then add to sauce mixture once it has begun to simmer to thicken.
How to Freeze Meatballs after Cooking
- Allow sauced meatballs to cool completely, then transfer to a airtight freezer safe container.
- Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to use, allow meatballs to thaw in refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a pot and gently simmer over medium heat until heated through.
How to Freeze Meatballs before Cooking
- Follow meatball directions, and bake until cooked through. Then, allow to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange meatballs on a large baking tray, ensure enough space between each to prevent from freezing together. Freeze in batches on smaller trays if your freezer doesn’t accommodate a large tray.
- When meatballs frozen, transfer to freezer safe (Ziploc) bags or containers, label and store for up to 3 months.
What to Serve with Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs
These meatballs are great on their own, served for cocktail hour or as an appetizer. However, try pairing these meatballs with the following side dishes to make it a complete meal:
- Steamed Rice
- Pasta tossed in Butter
- Steamed Vegetables
- Mashed Potatoes
- Add as the main Protein in a Salad
See My Story Below for Step-by-Step Instructions!
Looking for More Beef Recipes? Check These Out…
Skillet Baked Hoisin Ginger (Mongolian) Meatballs & Easy Garlic Butter Steak Bites
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Lastly, sign up to our monthly newsletter for all TSS updates straight to your inbox!
Sriracha Honey Garlic Meatballs
- 2 lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Green Onion sliced
- 5 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Eggs large
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 Black Pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Sriracha Honey Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 5 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Beef/Chicken Stock or Water
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce less if desired
- Juice from ½ Lime
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). In a large mixing bowl, add the meatball ingredients – ground beef, breadcrumbs, green onions, garlic, eggs, soy sauce, brown sugar, salt and black pepper and use your hands or large spoon to mix until well combined. Next, use a tablespoon or cookie dough scoop to measure out and roll and form the meat mixture into bite sized meatballs (approx. 18-20 meatballs).
- Place the meatballs on a cast iron skillet or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through and browned, flipping at the halfway point.
- While meatballs cooking, add sauce ingredients – butter, garlic, honey, chicken/beef stock or water, sriracha chili sauce, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce and lime juice to a saucepan and heat over medium heat, bringing to a simmer and whisking frequently. Once sauce has begun to simmer, reduce heat to low until thicken or gradually whisk in cornstarch/water slurry to thicken sauce (see notes below).
- When meatballs cooked, remove from oven and pour sauce over meatballs and toss until meatballs well coated. Garnish with green onions, sesame seeds and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired. Enjoy!
CaritaFebruary 1, 2022 at 9:41 pm
Luckily had all the ingredients on hand and these meatballs were PERFECT! I was able to split the recipe in half and it did not disappoint. The texture was perfect, not too mushy but quite firm and plump. The sauce was to-die-for and I’m amazed it all was bursting with so much flavor with household ingredients. Definitely adding this to my roundup during the work week! **chefs kiss**
SyeelahMarch 23, 2023 at 8:40 pm
Me and my boyfriend are in L.O.V.E. with this recipe! I made it with ground turkey instead of beef and served it on top of noodles. We were going back for seconds! I love that this recipe is easy and doesn’t require too much time. I look forward to trying more of your recipes! Thanks so much