Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites, this delicious appetizer recipe is made using fresh vine ripen tomatoes, basil, and red onions on crusty olive oil brushed pieces of French bread, and drizzled with an easy to make balsamic glaze! Top with crumbled feta or goat cheese and serve as the perfect healthy appetizer at your next party!
Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites
These Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites scream summer patio vibes and are always a go-to pick for me when out to eat at restaurants – but why not enjoy from the comfort of your own home! These yummy bites are so easy to make and can get tossed together in under a half hour; talk about eating good in a short amount of time! Although they’re an amazing way to use up your summer tomatoes, they make for a great year round treat. Serve them at your next party, or New Years Eve party because they’re bound to be a hit!
Here are some other reasons why I love these Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites:
- It’s made with fresh ingredients, so feel free to indulge (it’ll be hard not to!)
- Make it ahead of time to allow the flavours to meld together, making it more delicious
- Toss it on toasted crusty bread, or even pasta; check this recipe out – Bruschetta Pasta with Balsamic Drizzle
More Fresh Appetizer Recipes? Check These Out…
What You Need to Make Tomato Basil Bruschetta (Screenshot The Recipe Ingredients Below)!
- Vine Ripen Tomatoes, any variety
- Red or White Onion
- Fresh Basil
- Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- Fine Sea Salt
- French Baguette
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- Feta or Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
How to Make Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites
Step 1: Preheat Oven – preheat oven to 400°F (200°C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
Step 2: Dice Tomatoes and Onions – dice tomatoes and red onion, set aside in a medium serving bowl.
Step 3: Add Herbs and Spices – add fresh basil, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to the serving bowl.
Step 4: Marinate – mix together ingredients until well combined, then set mixture aside to marinate.
Step 5: Toast Bread – slice your baguette on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces. Lightly brush both sides with olive oil.Place slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake.
Step 6: Assemble and Serve – drain excess liquid from tomatoes, spoon about a tablespoon amount of tomato mixture on each toast, drizzle on balsamic vinegar glaze, and top with crumbled feta or goat cheese! Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites Recipe Tips and Tricks
Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites are easy to make, super fresh, flavourful, and absolutely delicious!
- Remove seeds and juice from tomatoes. This may be a tedious task but take the time to remove the seeds and juice from the tomatoes as the seeds add extra water to the mixture, which can make the toasts super soggy.
- Marinate your tomato topping, this helps the flavours meld. Mix your chopped tomatoes, olive oil, basil and seasoning, then let the entire mixture rest for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Don’t drizzle the olive oil straight onto the bread, instead use a pastry brush to brush the olive oil onto the bread slices evenly.
- Use the right bread. Use a rustic crusty type of bread. Whether that be a large rustic Italian loaf or a crusty white french baguette. You want to ensure you use a bread that is able to absorb a generous drizzling of olive oil and tomato mixture without falling apart.
TSS Tip: Make it #vegan by eliminating the cheese or using vegan cheese!
Delicious Party Pleasing Appetizers You Must Try
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Lastly, sign up to our monthly newsletter for all TSS updates straight to your inbox!
Tomato Basil Bruschetta Bites
- 3 Vine Ripe Tomatoes or any variety diced
- ½ Small Red or White Onion
- 2 tbsp Fresh Basil chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic pressed or minced
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano
- ¼ tsp Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Fine Sea Salt more or less to taste
- 1 French Baguette sliced
- 3 tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for bread
- Crumbled Feta or Goat Cheese as desired
- Balsamic Vinegar Glaze as desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C), and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and red onion, set aside in a medium serving bowl – remove tomato seeds and juice. Add fresh basil, minced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to the serving bowl. Stir to combine, set mixture aside to marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Slice your baguette on the diagonal into bite-sized pieces. Lightly brush both sides with olive oil.
- Place slices in a single layer on prepared baking sheet – ensure not to overcrowd the sheet. Bake on middle rack, until crisp and golden on top. Transfer to a serving platter, and set aside.
- When ready to serve, drain excess liquid from tomatoes, spoon mixture on top of each toast, drizzle on balsamic vinegar glaze, and top with crumbled feta or goat cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!