Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings are a well seasoned, delicious, chicken wing recipe that you are bound to love! Chicken wings are seasoned, placed into the air fryer and then tossed in a homemade sticky honey garlic sauce! It comes together super fast, requires no marinating with an easy clean-up! Serve as an appetizer, game day treat or as part of a main course! Recipe includes step-by-step how-to-recipe video!
Love a good chicken wing recipe? Try my Sweet Ginger Thai Chicken Wings or my Crispy Baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings, and a reader fave, these BBQ Sriracha Chicken Wings!
Table of Contents
Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
It’s a toss up between the homemade sticky honey garlic sauce and the fact that this recipe is prepared using the quick and easy, very minimal clean up method of the air fryer! This is yet another chicken wings recipes that you’ll love because it not only tastes great and has great flavour, but is a healthier alternative to deep frying!
Here are some other reasons why I love this Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings recipe:
- Requires no marinating but still has loads of flavour
- A recipe everyone in the family can enjoy, from kids to adults
- You can still make this recipe even if you don’t have an air fryer – learn how below
More Chicken Wings Recipes? Try These Out…
What is an Air Fryer?
An Air Fryer is a countertop convection oven that essentially mimics the results of deep fried foods, without the need for litres of oil and grease. Air fryers prepare foods with high temperature hot air, little or no oil and a high-powered fan resulting in food that’s super crispy and equally delicious!
How to Use an Air Fryer in 3 Simple Steps
Learning to use a new appliance can be very intimidating, however here are 3 simple steps on how to use an Air Fryer:
- Place Food in Basket – depending on your air fryer, you may need to work in batches. Also, you may or may not need to spray your basket or food with a high-smoke point neutral oil to help get your food nice and crispy on the outside.
- Set the Temperature & Time – most air fryers have a range of pre-programmed settings from fries to chicken, pizza and cupcakes feel free to use these. Typically, the range of time is from 5 minutes to 25 minutes, and from 325°F to 400°F.
- Cook – this process is very hands off, although for some recipes you may be required to flip or turn the food halfway through the cooking process.
- Clean Up – this is a very easy step as most air fryer baskets has a non-stick coating that will make for an easy clean-up.
Air Fryer: Best Practices & Tips
- Preheat your Air Fryer – not always necessary, however a great step to help prevent foods from overcooking. If your air-fryer doesn’t have a preheat option; set to the desired temperature and allow it to run for around 3 minutes before placing your food inside.
- Don’t use Aerosol Oil Spray Cans – which often times contain additives like propellants and other agents that are said to chip away at air fryer baskets over time. Instead, opt for a oil mister or spray bottle and fill with a neutral oil that has a high smoke point.
- Do Not Overcrowd the Basket – to get that golden crispy exterior, air fryers circulate high temperature hot air around the unit in which you want to pass all sides of your food. Work in batches if needed, or opt for a larger air fryer.
- Add Water – to the air fryer drawer when cooking fatty foods (like bacon) to prevent smoking.
- Shake, Turn, Flip – the food in basket a few times or at the halfway point during cooking to make sure everything is browning and crisping up evenly.
What You Need to Make Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings Ingredients
- Chicken Wings
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika or Paprika
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
Honey Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- Unsalted Butter
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne Pepper
- Soya Sauce
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sriracha Sauce
- Smoked Paprika
How to Make Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
1. Pat Dry & Season Chicken Wings – pat dry the chicken wings with a lint-free paper towel to remove any excess water or liquid and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil then season with garlic powder, smoked paprika or paprika, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to evenly coat with seasoning.
2. Make Sticky Honey Garlic Sauce – in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat then add olive oil. Once melted, add minced garlic, and stir until soften and fragrant. Add honey, cayenne pepper, soya sauce, fresh lemon juice, sriracha, smoked paprika; mix until well combined.
3. Air-Fry Chicken Wings – preheat air-fryer to 380°F (193°C). Place chicken wings on air frying basket, spacing evenly and air fry for 8-9 minutes, flip and allow to continue air frying for another 8-9 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked through, crisp and golden brown on the outside.
4. Remove & Enjoy – When wings are done and crispy, remove from air-fryer and toss in sauce until well coated. Serve with blue cheese or ranch and enjoy!
Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings Step-by-Step Recipe Video
Other Must-Try & Delicious Air Fryer Recipes
Crispy Air Fryer Fried Chicken & Air-Fryer Greek Fries with Tzatziki
I’d greatly appreciate if you left a star ★ rating (located below), as well as leave a comment if you found this blog post helpful and tasty!
Also, don’t forget to keep up with me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
Lastly, sign up to our monthly newsletter for all TSS updates straight to your inbox!
Air-Fryer Sticky Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- 1 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika or Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Salt more or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4-5 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper more or less to taste
- 1 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pat dry the chicken wings with a lint-free paper towel to remove any excess water or liquid and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add olive oil then season with garlic powder, smoked paprika or paprika, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to evenly coat with seasoning.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat then add olive oil. Once melted, add minced garlic, and stir until soften and fragrant. Add honey, cayenne pepper, soya sauce, fresh lemon juice, sriracha, smoked paprika; mix until well combined.
- Preheat air-fryer to 380°F (193°C). Place chicken wings on air frying basket, spacing evenly and air fry for 8-9 minutes, flip and allow to continue air frying for another 8-9 minutes or until chicken wings are cooked through, crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- When wings are done and crispy, remove from air-fryer and toss in sauce until well coated. Serve with blue cheese or ranch and enjoy!
ShanteFebruary 26, 2022 at 7:52 pm
We thought it would work better with the crispness of deep fried wings. The texture of the air fryer wings did not stand up well against this sauce. Also, the sauce was just too many competing flavors. It could easily do well with just 3-4 ingredients.
Kelly ONovember 5, 2022 at 11:28 am
This was delicious! Will make again.
Taneisha MorrisNovember 7, 2022 at 8:13 am
Amazing! Thanks so much Kelly – glad you enjoyed!